With every transaction this off-season, I keep expecting Bloom to DFA Ryan Weber. And every time, it has been someone else. Bloom just sees something in Weber I just don't see (and is more liekly to be right than me).

But, really, I can't rip him for that. There have been probably dozens of players I have seen something in that no one else has, and most of the time, probably for good reason. Chad Gaudin being the prime example. Gaudin was one guy whose peripherals just seemed to be so much better than his performance, and on that other website that mvp hates, I had players I would refer to as Chad Gaudin All Stars, which basically meant I was probably (likely) mentioning them as potentially good acquisitions for the Sox a lot more often than they actually deserved to be mentioned.

Some of the Chad Gaudin All Stars did actually pan out, including Cody Ross (for one year in Boston) and Miles Mikolas (but in St. Louis). Of course, the overwhelming majority were largely ignored by the baseball world for good reason.

There have been others for me, going as far back as Chico Walker (who barely ever got out of Pawtucket) and Michael Coleman (ditto, for for a variety of teams). And some, like Danny Salazar, actually might have panned out to the extreme levels I predicted (potential Cy Young candidate) but instead decided to put the whole concept to bed with repeated injuries. And I probably had hopes on Juan Pena a lot longer than most rational people.

Even this year, I started off with making Cesar Puello my newest addition to this list. We might even see how/if that one ever pans out.

Who was your baseball man-crush for Boston or that you wanted in Boston for whatever reason that no one else ever saw?