Register now to remove this ad

Page 153 of 605 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Some positive numbers, but still early.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Some positive numbers, but still early.
    If you dig into information about Germany’s handling you will find that they took no extraordinary or early actions. The low numbers are being attributed to underreporting and not diagnosing.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

If you dig into information about Germany’s handling you will find that they took no extraordinary or early actions. The low numbers are being attributed to underreporting and not diagnosing.
    No. That's not the case at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Germany has the 4th highest number of cases. It's their fatality rate that is low.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    No. That's not the case at all.
    There are lots of articles discussing the disparity and none have a definitive explanation, although every article cautions that they are still in the early stages.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/opini...itz/index.html

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Germany has the 4th highest number of cases. It's their fatality rate that is low.
    And that can’t be explained yet.

I think that's just because nobody knows how it will impact a person. Spain has a much higher death rate than us while having a fraction of the cases. It all depends
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I think that's just because nobody knows how it will impact a person. Spain has a much higher death rate than us while having a fraction of the cases. It all depends
    It's because Germany is testing many more people that are getting sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

It's because Germany is testing many more people that are getting sick.
    That has not been definitively determined because the spread rate is about the same, but the death rate is lower. No one has concluded anything about Germany except it is too early to tell.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I would imagine a higher mortality rate means that the country has more undiagnosed cases than a country with a lower mortality rate...

Oh yeah, I can just imagine the reaction if the President had invoked the War Act before the first person was hospitalized. They would have been screaming that he wanted to install himself as a dictator. And you would have been joining the chorus.
    perhaps. the least he could have done was echo the pleas of Governor Cuomo instead of saying things like 15 cases and going to zero.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Bigger fuck up at NY State level. They were undersupplied for an even much smaller than this and as of March 10th I think, deBlasio was saying that people should continue to live their lives as normal.
    Federal Government > State Government
    it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    So, what's wrong with having a separate thread for those who want to hash out the political issues surrounding COVID versus those of us who just want to discuss the virus itself? There were over ten new pages of posts on this thread since the last time I logged I logged in, which was yesterday at about 6:00 pm, and the posts were overwhelmingly political. I am not reading 10 pages of political posts to find the few posts that pertain to COVID. I am scanning quickly, and even that becomes tiresome, but it also causes me to miss a post that might be informative.
    start a thread called Covid no politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Are you talking about China? THE CHINA who moved all these people out of Wuhan, hid this from the world, detained / jailed whistleblower doctors, would not allow the WHO access, got the WHO to sing their praises, are still muzzling whistleblowers, allowed 100's & 1000's to travel the world from highly infected areas, destroyed initial samples from Wuhan, has lied and said the virus came from the U.S. military, and continues to lie about new infections?

You mean THE China responsible for unleashing this pandemic on the WORLD, killing perhaps MILLIONS?

You mean that China?

Pretty unreal!

So many DESPERATE Dems trying to cover for the REPRESSIVE Comminist China Regime, while almost rooting for our POTUS to fail.

Got it!
    i didnt say any of those things tho?
    i said they bolted their citizens into their apartments. they did. Facts matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Federal Government > State Government
    it's not even close.
    You are incorrect the state and local governments are closer to the situations and are responsible to assess their need for emergency supplies and to purchase those supplies. The federal government doesn’t do that. The federal government is a backstop to help them fill the shortfall in the supplies caused by their lack of preparedness. DeBlasio was more interested in trusting the Mayor’s wife with some Bullshit program that squandered almost $1 billion that still cannot be accounted for.