Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The tme has come

The tme has come

This is dgalehouse . I am a lifelong Red Sox fan . I'm not as old , or nearly as nice , as bosoxmal , but probably older than almost anyone else on here . I enjoyed posting here and reading the ideas and opinions of the other Sox fans . I tried to contribute to the forum in my own way . Maybe in a little different manner and with a little different perspective than the usual forum stuff . Plus an occasional ( admittedly lame ) attempt at humor . But it does become time consuming . And when you feel that you are not really enjoying it and actually getting aggravated , ( how dumb is that ? actually getting aggravated over some internet crap ) it is time to step away . So , farewell to my fellow Red Sox fans , the handful of Yankee fans who post here and the one distinguished Seattle fan , affectionately known as " The Cooler " . In the words of that great American , Frosty The Snowman , " I'll say goodbye , but don't you cry , I'll be back again someday ." ....... Or not .

i enjoy reading your posts and sometimes debating or agreeing with you. i hope you only take a short break to recharge your TalkSox forum batteries and come back posting soon. i'm tempted to type "or not" to be funny but i am serious so wont do that.
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    We've disagreed across multiple forums by now. Hope we post at each other again. But now you've got me contemplating a break as well..

I hope you stick around instead, Denny. I have a good feeling you will. So much so that I'm going to call my bookie, Vinnie 'Noodles' Romano, to bet on it.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    This is dgalehouse . I am a lifelong Red Sox fan . I'm not as old , or nearly as nice , as bosoxmal , but probably older than almost anyone else on here . I enjoyed posting here and reading the ideas and opinions of the other Sox fans . I tried to contribute to the forum in my own way . Maybe in a little different manner and with a little different perspective than the usual forum stuff . Plus an occasional ( admittedly lame ) attempt at humor . But it does become time consuming . And when you feel that you are not really enjoying it and actually getting aggravated , ( how dumb is that ? actually getting aggravated over some internet crap ) it is time to step away . So , farewell to my fellow Red Sox fans , the handful of Yankee fans who post here and the one distinguished Seattle fan , affectionately known as " The Cooler " . In the words of that great American , Frosty The Snowman , " I'll say goodbye , but don't you cry , I'll be back again someday ." ....... Or not .
    Enjoy your break but I look forward to your return. The forum needs your contributions.

Warm regards (from The Cooler).

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    We've disagreed across multiple forums by now. Hope we post at each other again. But now you've got me contemplating a break as well..
    I for one hope that you stick with it as I often find your input thought provoking. Same with dgalehouse. It has been a tough season for the club and obviously fairly major changes are needed and are coming. I am guilty of looking at the club as if I am in a managerial position and slant my posts in that direction. I have been a fan since the 1940's and really have hopes that the organization can find the right management and approach to return them to competitiveness. Much of what gets posted of late is speculation about where things will go. When we are told what will happen it will get more interesting again. Hope springs eternal.

I hope you decide to stick around Denny. Or if you do take a break, I hope that it will be a short one.

We often disagree, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy and value your posts. I would miss you if you left.

You'll be back. They always come back.

Well, except for the people that never came back.

Farewell.

Another one rides the bus.

Since the last time I was here , there seems to have been nothing but trouble and turmoil in Red Sox Nation , as well as here on TalkSox . So , with a bow to that true American hero , Mighty Mouse , I give you this : " Mister trouble never hangs around , when he hears this mighty sound ; Here I come to save the day . That means that Dgalehouse is on the way . On the sea and on the land , he's got the situation well in hand . "

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Since the last time I was here , there seems to have been nothing but trouble and turmoil in Red Sox Nation , as well as here on TalkSox . So , with a bow to that true American hero , Mighty Mouse , I give you this : " Mister trouble never hangs around , when he hears this mighty sound ; Here I come to save the day . That means that Dgalehouse is on the way . On the sea and on the land , he's got the situation well in hand . "
    You were gone almost exactly 6 months. Welcome back!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Welcome back, DG.

But we’re still waiting on actual baseball

These types of posts are what we call SweetChinMusic33 Specials.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You were gone almost exactly 6 months. Welcome back!
    Thanks Bell .

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Welcome back, DG.

But we’re still waiting on actual baseball
    Thanks Notin.