I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving. Don't know when I'll be back, but it probably won't be until baseball returns at the bare minimum. I hate the person I am becoming in the Anything Goes thread. For much of the winter, I was going through a mild depression, and I struggled to find the source, or a way to feel better. Once the pandemic hit, I suddenly felt better, which I was even more surprised by. But as time in quarantine has gone on, I have found myself slipping back into who I was in the winter. I'm losing control of my emotions, and losing sight of the things that are important to me in my life. This has nothing to do with anybody else here, just an internal thing that has been building up inside me. My mental health has been something I've been cognizant of for a long time, and this certainly is NOT the place to be when you are not 100% into it, especially right now. The fun has been sucked out of this place for me with all the political talk and how everybody (myself included) has a tendency to start insulting people at the slightest disagreement. I never talk politics with people in the real world, largely because I don't care that much about politics, and I know how inflammatory and divisive it is. There are still areas of this place that I enjoy, like taking a trip down memory lane with MVP last night, or talking music with SoxHop Northern Star, moon, and notin. I like most if not all of you, and enjoy listening to your perspectives on the world. But, sadly, the hate and negativity are too overwhelming for me. I'm a pretty positive guy, and I can only be around negative thinking and rhetoric for so long. We all have so much to look forward to once this mess is over, but many of us have lost sight of that due to our political biases.

So, I'm taking a break for an indefinite amount of time. I have a lot of really important things going on in my life, and I want to make sure I don't screw up any of these opportunities by letting the bad side of me take over. I've had social anxiety for most of my life, crippling at times. My New Year's resolution was to slowly get over it, and I was doing great, until quarantine, when I had no other choice but to stay inside, turn on my laptop, and come here. I feel all the relationships I've built up since the start of January slowly slipping away, and I want to ensure they stay tight, so that they can continue to grow and prosper as soon as we can venture out into the world again. But, I do care about the relationships I've made here. So, if you want to stay in touch, please PM me and we can exchange contact information. I'll check my inbox regularly for the next couple days, and occasionally after that. If you see me logged in, that's probably what I'm doing.

Until then, peace out