Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Roenicke

Ron just quit the team does not respond to you and it’s embarrassing.Please just bow out .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Guy gets nothing from this team zip pull the plug NOW.I thought we could make it through this season without firing someone ....uhhhh no .The guy is nice but there is noooooo way you continue with this dumpster fire there is no improvement there is no way you continue with him managing this team .Bring in Tek Bring in Pedey just for Gods sake do something Chaim .What a disaster Chaim Bloom has left this team with Disgusting.
    Unless Varitek comes with 3 starting pitchers, nothing will change...

Legend
    Guy gets nothing from this team zip pull the plug NOW.I thought we could make it through this season without firing someone ....uhhhh no .The guy is nice but there is noooooo way you continue with this dumpster fire there is no improvement there is no way you continue with him managing this team .Bring in Tek Bring in Pedey just for Gods sake do something Chaim .What a disaster Chaim Bloom has left this team with Disgusting.
    Bloom is the hope. Look to DD for a culprit. A cliff was predicted by the more realistic posters here and they were right. This is what a cliff looks like.

My thoughts on Roenicke:

1. First and foremost, let me say that I don't blame him for this season. He was dealt a very difficult hand to play with. That said:
    2. I have not yet seen anything from him that screams that he is a great manager.
    3. I think he has micromanaged a bit when it comes to the line up.

4. This is my big thing. I have always felt that what a manager does on the field is not nearly as important as how he manages the players and the clubhouse. I get the impression that Roenicke is not connecting with the players very well. I sense a lack of leadership in the clubhouse, and that starts with Roenicke. I'm sure that the social distancing required this year has something to do with that. However, I am also sure that Cora would be doing a better job of keeping the players motivated and and of keeping the players from looking so dejected.

I thought Roenicke was the right choice going into the season. I don't think he would be the right choice to bring back as manager next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I thought Roenicke was the right choice going into the season. I don't think he would be the right choice to bring back as manager next season.
    He'll be AC's bench coach again next year.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Blaming Bloom for the state of this team is like blaming a high school janitor for the mess in the gym immediately after a school dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He'll be AC's bench coach again next year.
    100% on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Blaming Bloom for the state of this team is like blaming a high school janitor for the mess in the gym immediately after a school dance...
    Blaming Bloom for the state of this team is nonsense.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    My thoughts on Roenicke:

1. First and foremost, let me say that I don't blame him for this season. He was dealt a very difficult hand to play with. That said:
    2. I have not yet seen anything from him that screams that he is a great manager.
    3. I think he has micromanaged a bit when it comes to the line up.

4. This is my big thing. I have always felt that what a manager does on the field is not nearly as important as how he manages the players and the clubhouse. I get the impression that Roenicke is not connecting with the players very well. I sense a lack of leadership in the clubhouse, and that starts with Roenicke. I'm sure that the social distancing required this year has something to do with that. However, I am also sure that Cora would be doing a better job of keeping the players motivated and and of keeping the players from looking so dejected.

I think this year, in-game strategy is the only fair metric. The personal/clubhouse stuff is all so different from years past, it’s unfair to judge by it. This is new territory for everyone...

I would hazard a guess that very few baseball executives in history have inherited a tougher short-term situation than Bloom did. On the flip side I imagine he got a nice raise from his Tampa pay.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Roenicke is getting the same instructions, I mean " suggestions " from the pencil neck geeks in the front office that Cora got . But he just doesn't have the horses to get it done . And the barn gets emptier all the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I would hazard a guess that very few baseball executives in history have inherited a tougher short-term situation than Bloom did. On the flip side I imagine he got a nice raise from his Tampa pay.
    He is earning his pay. It's obvious one of the first tasks Bloom was hired for was to trade Betts. I suspect getting rid of Price was also a front office priority. Admitting that the Red Sox may not be as good after trading both may have even been a scripted concession by ownership to Bloom (to deflect Frazee comps).

Boston at least has to like Verdugo out-hitting Mookie at the half-way point of the season (also leading the league in outfield assists)...

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Roenicke is getting the same instructions, I mean " suggestions " from the pencil neck geeks in the front office that Cora got . But he just doesn't have the horses to get it done . And the barn gets emptier all the time .
    Desperate Dave ran off all the brightest and best in our baseball operations and analytics department.
    The only “pencil neck geeks” left are the janitors and security guards. No wonder Roenicke looks and acts like a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think this year, in-game strategy is the only fair metric. The personal/clubhouse stuff is all so different from years past, it’s unfair to judge by it. This is new territory for everyone...
    I still think Cora would have handled it better, but fair enough about the clubhouse stuff.