Register now to remove this ad

Page 41 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Why was Mookie traded, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's not just the press. There's also:

-The idiot segment of fans at the park.
    -Bloggers, and fans on social media.
    Not to mention, Looney birds on TalkSox.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I'd be very surprised if any remotely connected with the Red Sox organization goes to this one little Red Sox forum...

Apologies to Pedey if he reads TalkSox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'd be very surprised if any remotely connected with the Red Sox organization goes to this one little Red Sox forum...
    Small but mighty!
    I get MV Pee.

Don't underestimate the influence of TalkSox.

Deity
    Don't underestimate the influence of TalkSox.
    Oh I don't think I am

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Dodgers fans show up in the 2nd inning and are gone in the 7th. Now maybe if they just sang a stupid song every 8th inning to keep people around.......
    Worse than that! Dodger Stadium is the only park I know where fans coming in pass those leaving. This occurs pretty regularly in the fifth inning. (Anyone who has tried to get in or out of the extraordinarily badly designed parking lots knows why! i'm told they've improved. But one can now get there pretty easily now without having to drive.)
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    To paraphrase from Major League, who gives a shit? He's gone.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Worse than that! Dodger Stadium is the only park I know where fans coming in pass those leaving. This occurs pretty regularly in the fifth inning. (Anyone who has tried to get in or out of the extraordinarily badly designed parking lots knows why! i'm told they've improved. But one can now get there pretty easily now without having to drive.)
    Haven’t been since I left LA 10 years ago. Beautiful stadium, horrible to get to. Just the worst possible place to put a park.
    I get MV Pee.

Haven’t been since I left LA 10 years ago. Beautiful stadium, horrible to get to. Just the worst possible place to put a park.
    You can now take the train from most areas in LA to Union Station and either take a bus (I think a Dodger express) or just walk. You're absolutely right about how it was 10 years ago. Any enjoyment you could get out of the game was destroyed by the stress of getting there, parking, and then getting out (as everyone who drove there seemed to transform from an LA driver to a Boston driver in the two hours they spent in the park).
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Mookie is dead to me. Thank you for your contributions with the Red Sox, but his "all about the money" attitude has really turned me off to him. Good for him that he got his money and that he's happy playing in LA. I'm tired of hearing about him and how the Red Sox should have kept him. It's only going to get worse if the Dodgers win.

He's becoming Johnny Damon 2.0.

Legend
    For five years I lived four miles away from Dodger Stadium and drove the side streets to arrive at the less-traveled Scott Avenue entrance.

I once walked the four miles to and from my home to a Sunday afternoon game at Dodger Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    For five years I lived four miles away from Dodger Stadium and drove the side streets to arrive at the less-traveled Scott Avenue entrance.

I once walked the four miles to and from my home to a Sunday afternoon game at Dodger Stadium.
    There was (at times) a lot in dead center field, and if you got there early, you could park right next to the entrance facing out and beat the 20,000 suddenly-East-Coast-style drivers trying to leave at the same time. Is that the one? But damn! what a drag going to a game when half your mental energy is expended on just getting there. Of course, I can't say that Fenway Park is much different. I've only been once in the last thirty years and it was an ordeal (not even counting the 5 hour rain delay!)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    There was (at times) a lot in dead center field, and if you got there early, you could park right next to the entrance facing out and beat the 20,000 suddenly-East-Coast-style drivers trying to leave at the same time. Is that the one? But damn! what a drag going to a game when half your mental energy is expended on just getting there. Of course, I can't say that Fenway Park is much different. I've only been once in the last thirty years and it was an ordeal (not even counting the 5 hour rain delay!)
    Gate B was almost due west of home plate:

http://mktg.mlbstatic.com/dodgers/do...arking_map.pdf

I would take the side streets over from Los Feliz.

Since moving away from Los Angeles 26 years ago I've been to only one game at Dodger Stadium. I drove up from San Diego in horrific traffic for the 2009 home opener against the San Francisco Giants. We were nearly late for the 1:16 pm start:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...00904130.shtml

My niece and her friends arrived in the fifth inning in true SoCal fashion.

For the my friends and me, the game marked four MLB stadiums in three days starting with the Angels hosting the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Gate B was almost due west of home plate:

http://mktg.mlbstatic.com/dodgers/do...arking_map.pdf

I would take the side streets over from Los Feliz.

Since moving away from Los Angeles 26 years ago I've been to only one game at Dodger Stadium. I drove up from San Diego in horrific traffic for the 2009 home opener against the San Francisco Giants. We were nearly late for the 1:16 pm start:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...00904130.shtml

My niece and her friends arrived in the fifth inning in true SoCal fashion.

For the my friends and me, the game marked four MLB stadiums in three days starting with the Angels hosting the Red Sox.
    Harm , I have to say that your memory is remarkable.