Register now to remove this ad

Page 158 of 165 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2468

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part III

I think Dalbec's bat still has some hope.

His D not improving, at all, sucks bigtime.

He'd make a decent platoon DH, but who looks for that?

It's weird he looks better at 3B than 1B, despite all the time he's had to work on 1B skills.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Can probably close this thread. Sox 2022 season dead and buried. GM didn't sell off pieces. Sox looking to crater further for next year. Thread closed
    We did get better by acquiring a catcher , while getting paid for him (minus Diekman and his salary plus McGuire.)

We did add a better 1Bman for free (Hosmer) and a Dalbec/Hosmer DH should hit the .750 our DHs hit, this year.

We did add Pham, the RH'd OF bat we craved, all year.

We also added prospects (EValdez, WAbreu, MFerguson and Rosier.) We could have done better by selling off more assets, but we did improve for 2023.

Yes, we lose Bogey, Wacha and Strahm, but the others (JD, Hill, JBJ, Diekman, Plawecki and the 2022 Nate can all be replaced, evenly or improved, for next to nothing.

We have all their money plus Prices to fill Bogey, Wacha, and Strahm's roles. We could use a RF'er over Refsnyder, but even just him and Dugo in RF is better than JBJ.

I'm surprised you made usch an "ignorant quote."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We did get better by acquiring a catcher , while getting paid for him (minus Diekman and his salary plus McGuire.)

We did add a better 1Bman for free (Hosmer) and a Dalbec/Hosmer DH should hit the .750 our DHs hit, this year.

We also added prospects (EValdez, WAbreu, MFerguson and Rosier.) We could have done better by selling off more assets, but we did improve for 2023.

Yes, we lose Bogey, Wacha and Strahm, but the others (JD, Hill, JBJ, Diekman, Plawecki and the 2022 Nate can all be replaced, evenly or improved, for next to nothing.

We have all their money plus Prices to fill Bogey, Wacha, and Strahm's roles. We could use a RF'er over Refsnyder, but even just him and Dugo in RF is better than JBJ.

Follow along young padawan.

You are talking about replacing what you lost......from a sub .500 last place team. You should be adding heavily to make a sub .500 last place team relevant. But you are talking about getting back to status quo, lol

Maybe McGuire is good next year. Maybe he gets arrested for yanking his crank again. Track record says he is not the player he has been in this incredible small SS. He has a .435BABIP in Boston. He's not for real.

Tommy Pham is the bat you've craved all year? The corner OFer with a .718OPS for the sox? Please keep him and start him 140 games next year, please. His WAR in Boston is 0.1. He's awful

Eric Hosmer is the worst first baseman in baseball. Has been for two years. You got him for free because he isnt worth anything. Your best bet is Casas shows he is ready and becomes a regular. Other than that, Dalbec and Hosmer suck at a premium offensive position

You added prospects who don't move the needle at all yet.

You lose a 6WAR SS. Wacha is a 2.1WAR player this year. Strahm and Eovaldi clock in at 1.4WAR total. Hill had 1.4WAR by himself. You are talking losing 11WAR from a LAST PLACE TEAM! You have the following holes for next year that don't have real players on your roster capable of filling them ( I am giving you the benefit of the doubt on 1b thinking Casas might be the guy and considering Kike the starter in CF)

Starting catcher
    Second baseman (Story moves back to SS)
    Left Field
    Designated Hitter
    Ace
    Closer

The incumbents you are bringing back aren't elite beyond Devers. Kike is a good player when healthy. Verdugo a good player. Bello will probably be good next year. Pivetta is a reasonable good back end guy. I am assuming Houck and Whitlock are swing men/setup men next year as well. And I wouldnt count on shit from Sale or Paxton, any production is a win

The FA market is headlined by a few guys I don't expect the sox to get (Turner is a SS and you have one and I don't see Judge leaving NY for Boston). The pitching market is saturated with older, injury prone pitchers who will need enormous AAV's. That isn't Bloom's style. You also have built a better farm but it is not ready to bring in prime time talent. You are stuck exactly where nobody wants to be, in the middle. By not selling off, you didnt improve that position. And you are in the best division in baseball with multiple teams on the upswing who have better big league talent AND better near big league ready premium talent
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 09-26-2022 at 05:04 PM.
    Hal sucks

Legend
    jacksonianmarch raises valid concerns but the resilient Red Sox may again bounce back from what promises to be their fifth last-place finish in the past 11 seasons.

Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    jacksonianmarch raises valid concerns but the resilient Red Sox may again bounce back from what promises to be their fifth last-place finish in the past 11 seasons.

Or not.
    Five last place finishes and 2 championships. As a Mariners' fan you have no reason to gloat.

You're surprised the ignorant troll made an 'ignorant quote?" Really?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    challenge the point splinter. Challenge the point.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    challenge the point splinter. Challenge the point.
    If I was Nostradamus, I would know more about next year's SOX team. Obviously, you're a troll who can see into the future. I have read that certain trolls do possess supernatural powers.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-26-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Legend
    Five last place finishes and 2 championships. As a Mariners' fan you have no reason to gloat.
    Since the Red Sox claimed their last World Series title in 2018 the Sox have won only four more regular-season games than the Mariners despite Seattle's 94-loss season in 2019.

Over the past three seasons the Red Sox have a regular-season record of 188-186 (despite falling two games shy of the World Series in 2021) while the Mariners have been 200-174.

Baseball has often gone in cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Since the Red Sox claimed their last World Series title in 2018 the Sox have won only four more regular-season games than the Mariners despite Seattle's 94-loss season in 2019.

Over the past three seasons the Red Sox have a regular-season record of 188-186 (despite falling two games shy of the World Series in 2021) while the Mariners have been 200-174.

Baseball has often gone in cycles.
    If a MLB team doesn't win a championship, that team has failed no matter what place they end up in after the regular season. Since you've been a fan, how many times have the Mariners been successful?
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-26-2022 at 05:54 PM.

I don't see jacko as a troll or ignorant.

He doesn't hide the fact that he is a Yankees fan. He offers an opposing view that is often biased, as many of ours are in the opposite direction.

I don't see jacko as a troll or ignorant.

He doesn't hide the fact that he is a Yankees fan. He offers an opposing view that is often biased, as many of ours are in the opposite direction.
    We all see things differently, that's why law enforcement is leery of eyewitnesses. It is funny that this particular troll only seems to expose himself here when the Yankems are winning.

We all see things differently, that's why law enforcement is leery of eyewitnesses. It is funny that this particular troll only seems to expose himself here when the Yankems are winning.
    That would b e STORK.

Jacko comes around often. He was even bashing the Yanks for much of the year on the thread he started about the Yanks.

Go look: he posted daily during their worst streak in a long time.

That would b e STORK.

Jacko comes around often. He was even bashing the Yanks for much of the year on the thread he started about the Yanks.

Go look: he posted daily during their worst streak in a long time.
    Instead of defending Jackoff, you could have used that time to start tonight's GT. I've taken care of that and I've broken all the rules regarding GT procedure.

Legend
    If a MLB team doesn't win a championship, that team has failed no matter what place they end up in after the regular season. Since you've been a fan, how many times have the Mariners been successful?
    Each fan sets the standards that bring the most joy.

Enjoy the four World Series titles and forget the last-place finishes.

Nothing wrong with that.

Despite the lack of World Series titles the Seattle Mariners have brought occasional joy ... and sorrow.

Nothing wrong with that.