Throws: Right
    Drafted: 2nd round, 2004
    How Acquired: Draft
    College: Arizona State
    High School: Woodland HS (CA)

Season Line

.423/.485/.500 3 walks 1 K
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Oops I forgot here's the scouting report

Scouting Report: Small infielder had a tremendous career at Arizona State. Average power for a middle infielder, with good bat speed and excellent plate discipline. Loves the game and has fantastic instincts. Plays top-notch defense up the middle, named the 2003 National Defensive Player of the Year. Very scrappy and a great teammate.
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    Theo really likes him. I think he could be Mark Loretta in the future, which would make him a steal of a pick at 65th.

The Red Sox are loaded with SS prospects (Ramierez, Pedoria, Soto, and Lara) Which one is the one most likely to be the "SS of the future" I like Soto a lot because he can hit the crap out of the ball and is incredibly fast. I'd rather see him play 2nd base though. Pedoria is another one I like because reminds of Eckstein/Loretta. What about you guys?

All-Star
    Hanley still has the most upside, no question. The other three guys seem to belong at 2B, but could probably be future SS's if groomed to be. Theo loves Pedroia, as he does Shoppach, Alvarez and Murton. I think these guys are untouchable and should provide a core set of players for the Sox future as the C, 2B, LF and SP.

The thing about Hanley is that he hasn't hit for much power, nor has he shown as much plate discipline as Theo would like. He may be traded once he gets a little older. I think his max upside would be around Edgar Renteria.

Pedoria went 1-2 with a homerun (his first) and 2 walks. A promotion to Sarasota is only a few weeks away.

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Jul 25 2004, 08:04 PM
    A promotion to Sarasota is only a few weeks away.
    You're the man, good call. He got promoted to Sarasota today and went 1-4 with a double.

I'll probably go see him play a game in the next week or two. I hope Moss will be there by then.

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Aug 2 2004, 10:31 PM
    I'll probably go see him play a game in the next week or two. I hope Moss will be there by then.
    Let us know what you think of Pedroia. Moss may actually be headed to Portland once Roneberg goes to the Olympics. That's funny, I was just saying that about Murton...

All-Star
    Originally posted by Zenny@Jul 25 2004, 01:45 PM
    Theo loves Pedroia, as he does Shoppach, Alvarez and Murton. I think these guys are untouchable and should provide a core set of players for the Sox future as the C, 2B, LF and SP.
    I seem to be the Kiss of Death. One gone, three to go. Boy, did I call that one.

Theo compared Pedoria to David Eckstein. He does seem to love Pedoria (along with Shoppach, Youk, Alvarez). He was saying on WEEI last night that shortstop is the deepest position in the minors (with Pedoria, Ramirez, Lara, Soto)...so some of these guys will eventually move to another team or another position.

My guess is that Pedoria would move to second base if the other guys pan out.

Gotta love a guy who hits .400 at Augusta... Looks like he was 1-4 (a double) in Sarasota in his debut.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

All-Star
    Originally posted by elsrbueno@Aug 3 2004, 09:39 AM
    Theo compared Pedoria to David Eckstein. He does seem to love Pedoria (along with Shoppach, Youk, Alvarez). He was saying on WEEI last night that shortstop is the deepest position in the minors (with Pedoria, Ramirez, Lara, Soto)...so some of these guys will eventually move to another team or another position.

My guess is that Pedoria would move to second base if the other guys pan out.

Gotta love a guy who hits .400 at Augusta... Looks like he was 1-4 (a double) in Sarasota in his debut.
    I see Pedroia more like Loretta. Pedroia was a lot better than Eckstein in college in a lot tougher conference. I think he'll have a lot more doubles power with some homers.

Pedoria was phenomenal in college, I can't believe he fell that far. He was a Golden Spikes award winner (top defense) first team all American, and a finalist for Player of the Year. This kid is going to be good.

Zennny,
    I'm not positive he'll hit for a lot of power. It's a lot easier to hit homers in college against worse competition, and with the aluminium bats. A lot of doubles probably...
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

All-Star
    Originally posted by elsrbueno@Aug 3 2004, 12:52 PM
    Zennny,
    I'm not positive he'll hit for a lot of power. It's a lot easier to hit homers in college against worse competition, and with the aluminium bats. A lot of doubles probably...
    I'm talking 15 homeruns tops, but that's about 14 more than Eckstein. 40 doubles is not out of the question every year, though.