Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Pedroia

Re: Dustin Pedroia

agreed
    let him play thru september and lets hope for our and his sake that he starts finding some holes
    roy halliday isnt the ideal guy to break out against however and that goes for manny ortiz or anyone..

he hasnt had any help in the lineup either with the team resembling a MASH unit

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    29 ABs, apparently thats enough to start complaining about a rookie's performance in his debut to the majors.
    After his first 23 ABs in the MLB, Robinson Cano's batting average was .087. This year it sits at a comfy .332, so relax.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Fenway Resident

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212;194386;
    After his first 23 ABs in the MLB, Robinson Cano's batting average was .087. This year it sits at a comfy .332, so relax.
    maybe you mis-read my post, but Ive been trying to get some on this site/outside that patience is needed with rookies. Im not the one that needs relaxing after seeing his stats as major leaguer in 1 month.

Some food for thought here guys...

Since Dusty's 1st career HR (I went to that game and enjoyed seeing that ball soar in to the monster seats:thumbsup: )

5 for 17 (.294 avg) 2 Doubles, HR, 2 RBIs, 3 Runs, 3 Walks, 2 Ks

He has carried over a trait he had in the minors of seeing a good # of pitchers per plate appearance, and also has only struck out 9 times in 57 ABs
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;197109;
    maybe you mis-read my post, but Ive been trying to get some on this site/outside that patience is needed with rookies. Im not the one that needs relaxing after seeing his stats as major leaguer in 1 month.

Some food for thought here guys...

Since Dusty's 1st career HR (I went to that game and enjoyed seeing that ball soar in to the monster seats:thumbsup: )

5 for 17 (.294 avg) 2 Doubles, HR, 2 RBIs, 3 Runs, 3 Walks, 2 Ks

He has carried over a trait he had in the minors of seeing a good # of pitchers per plate appearance, and also has only struck out 9 times in 57 ABs
    Cano has classic hitters stroke. He has good size too so he's got some power. Pedroia is very small and his swing is big and wild. He makes contact, but he should be slapping the ball or hitting down on it. He's too small to be taking such a big swing. He needs to think like a #2 hitter and go to RF with the ball. He's got a lot of work to do on his stroke if he wants to be consistent at this level.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Fenway Resident

How long have you been watching him? Im guessing a month, which is not a good sample size on his stroke

Ive been watching him since he was in Double A Portland. He is so far showing what happens each time he gets promotion

--at first he is cold
    --he then starts to get going in a good streak, mostly as we see trying to get the big flies going (please all rookies are trying to hit HRs with every swing they pit down)
    --doesnt take long till he progresses into the hitter that shot up through the system

Oh well, no use trying to argue anymore, cant seem to get though to the actual fact that a month in the majors doesnt classify how a player will be in his career.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

All-Star

One thing i have been pretty impressed by with Pedroia is his nerve in clutch situations. He had some huge hits along with Murphy in of all places Yankee Stadium As i put it before they are clutch yankee killahs

on Murphy: anyway we could convert him to be a 3rd basemen ? I know hes known for his D but I think this guys gonna be a star if he is given the chance to start i hope hes not traded

www.soxprospects.com

Thirdbaseman for Murphy. Not. He is lefthanded.

All-Star

ahhh thank you.

Do you atleast see him staying JSinger ?

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;197174;
    How long have you been watching him? Im guessing a month, which is not a good sample size on his stroke

Ive been watching him since he was in Double A Portland. He is so far showing what happens each time he gets promotion

--at first he is cold
    --he then starts to get going in a good streak, mostly as we see trying to get the big flies going (please all rookies are trying to hit HRs with every swing they pit down)
    --doesnt take long till he progresses into the hitter that shot up through the system

Oh well, no use trying to argue anymore, cant seem to get though to the actual fact that a month in the majors doesnt classify how a player will be in his career.
    Maybe he'll hit, but when a hitter like Rice talks about how his stroke is too big I take that seriously. I think it will be very hard to be consistent with such a big stroke. Consistency is the hallmark of the major leaguer.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anuj09;197245;
    ahhh thank you.

Do you atleast see him staying JSinger ?
    If he stays its in a backup role.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;197264;
    Maybe he'll hit, but when a hitter like Rice talks about how his stroke is too big I take that seriously. I think it will be very hard to be consistent with such a big stroke. Consistency is the hallmark of the major leaguer.

Pedroia consistently gets on base. He consistently has good at bats. He isn't a top prospect because he's a small weak-hitting second baseman. He's a top prospect because he's scrappy as hell, gets on base like Youkilis and still takes massive cuts at the dish. I have seen him hit the ball very hard on a consistent basis, I feel he's just gotten unlucky so far.

Don't criticize a kid for coming out ripping. He's loads better than Kapler who looks like Hulk but swings like grandpa. Seriously guys, I think those big hacks will get him some HRs at Fenway and he'll figure out when to try to put the ball in play with 2 strikes vs. when to let it rip. He's definitely got some pop in his bat.

roberto pettagine hit 35hrs in pawtucket last season
    he was a big man,7 inches and 70lbs bigger than pedroia
    he also had a long big swing

anyone know where he is now??

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;197297;
    roberto pettagine hit 35hrs in pawtucket last season
    he was a big man,7 inches and 70lbs bigger than pedroia
    he also had a long big swing

anyone know where he is now??
    Petagine was also 35 years old and not a prospect. huge difference. Pedroia is 22 and is a prospect. Know what you are talking about before you comment here.

i asked a question sonny
    i wasnt making a statement

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;197264;

Agree with the short-stroke issue. Rice had one of the quickest, shortest swings I've ever seen. Pedroia has more the OC type of swing...from the heels...and if that's what it takes for him to develop power then he is likely going to sacrifice some average.

Is Pedroia up to .230 yet? On base % I mean.

just kidding Justine fans.