Register now to remove this ad

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Rotation

Deity

Re: Rotation

I remember that Pedro interview. He really was pointing out that pitchers no longer know how to pitch inside without hitting somebody or getting tagged and watching the thing find some parking lot past the left field fence. They use the cutter because it is an easier pitch to control while still having some movement and offering an alternative to the FB.

I think Pedro is entirely correct. All you have to do is watch some of the younger Sox pitchers to know they struggle with understanding how to throw inside. Very seldom see a young pitcher who can put the ball where he wants to put it inside for one thing. Occasionally you see a young pitcher throw the wrong kind of pitch and he either gets tagged or the hitter just stands there, lets it hit him and takes 1st base.

Quote Originally Posted by dupree View Post
    Im gonna disagree with Pedro either, i think behind bringing John Farrell in as manager the addition of Pedro was the 2ndbest best move of this offseason.

I guess where its ST and all the teams are tied for 1st im just in the mindset of hoping one of the young guys shows something and that just blows everyone away and comes outta nowhere to pitch for us this year.
    I think it speaks volumes as to the quality of Cherries off season that Farrell and Pedro are the 2 best acquisitions. Farrell is a completely undistinguished manager whose Jays teams executed fundamentals very poorly and ran the bases like idiots. I don't think Pedro will have any onfield presence after Spring Training.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Rookie

Been away for ages. Can anyone do me a favour and give me the general consensus on our Rotation for the season?

1. Lester
    2. Clay
    3. Demps
    4. Felix??
    5. Lackey? Morales? Bard? (is Bard likely to return to the BP?)
    We got a lotta bats.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSox View Post
    Been away for ages. Can anyone do me a favour and give me the general consensus on our Rotation for the season?

1. Lester
    2. Clay
    3. Demps
    4. Felix??
    5. Lackey? Morales? Bard? (is Bard likely to return to the BP?)
    Bard is going back to the BP. Lester, Buchholz, Dempster, Felix(if he's not too out of shape, that's the latest rumor) will all be in the rotation. Lackey looks like he's actually in a shape other then round and probably will be ready to go at the beginning of the season. They are stretching Morales and Aceves out as starters. Behind them it goes to prospects like DLR, Webster, Wright, so on and so forth.