Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: yankees26's idiocy

Re: Sox Season Tickets

ban me from a website. thats badass. I never said that the yankees dont have fans that are assholes, show me where i said that. But if you walk through a nj or ny day camp (comparable to cape cod) you wont get sox suck...im not saying i cared im just saying this is what the kids are taught.

and ban me or w/e but i got satisfaction out of this so ill share the story with you..

so Im at a cod league game and the yankees were playing the sox that day (a week or so ago) the game ends and the dad behind me turns to his kid and says, we need to get home to check the grill and watch the sox kick the yankees asses all over the field. needless to say, I check my phone for the score and the Yankees are up 8-2 or somethin like that. beautiful.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by yankees26;340734;
    ban me from a website. thats badass. I never said that the yankees dont have fans that are assholes, show me where i said that. But if you walk through a nj or ny day camp (comparable to cape cod) you wont get sox suck...im not saying i cared im just saying this is what the kids are taught.

and ban me or w/e but i got satisfaction out of this so ill share the story with you..

so Im at a cod league game and the yankees were playing the sox that day (a week or so ago) the game ends and the dad behind me turns to his kid and says, we need to get home to check the grill and watch the sox kick the yankees asses all over the field. needless to say, I check my phone for the score and the Yankees are up 8-2 or somethin like that. beautiful.
    Cool. I don't know why you're satisfied. You were made to look like a fool on numerous occasions, so whatever gets you to sleep tonight I guess. Speaking of sleep, I'm getting tired, which means it's time for you to go. Bye.

It's funny. Since Yankee fans are clearly a much better class of people than us Red Sox fans, I shouldn't even worry about going into NYC tomorrow!

We'll see. Tomorrow I will be heading to Times Square, more specifically the ESPN Zone, with a lady friend to eat, then to the final Police concert at MSG. I'll be sure to wear one of my Sox themed shirts as well as one of my hats, and I'll have her wear one of her shirts too. We'll see just how friendly Yanks fans are.
    West Virginia University 2014

Re: yankees26's idiocy

hmmmm... i see what One Red Seat was referring to now.

Legend

I'm chiming in here real late but in response to the 26 to 7 argument... I'll say what I say to everyone else who mentions it.

I respect the past. I celebrate the past. But I live in the present, and as it is, the present and the future are a great deal more important to me, so that "argument", if you can even consider it that, does nothing for me.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Re: A picture says a thousand words

Quote Originally Posted by yankees26;340646;
    The Yankees are nerdy Microsoft and The Sox are Apple? Thats how you think of the rivalry...
    how about this....

NEW YORK 26
    BOSTON 7

thats how I think of the rivalry.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Banned

Calvn, SOTK. Banning him is wrong and shows you're weak. Seriously. Are you Red Sox fans really that thin-skinned? It would really be pathetic if you did. Seriously.

26, people root for their teams for any reason. I think it's weak when people root for teams bandwagon style, but hey...who am I to judge?

9/11 superceeded the baseball rivalries in my mind. Some of you may know, I am a Yankee fan. However, when Piazza hit that homerun, I had tears in my eyes. New York came back, we couldn't be put down for long, etc. That's what made 2001 harder for me than 2004. We were the underdogs, and that one really hurt. A lot of Sox fans don't realize that 2004, the big choke, etc., really didn't bother us as much as they think.

Anyways, 26, people choose their teams for a variety of reasons. I didn't choose the Yankees. I was born into it. My father was a Yankee fan, he immigrated here and chose the Yankees in the early 70's. I grew up into Yankee fandom. Don't rip people for being fans solely on geography. Bandwagon fans will change over, hence the term, and people need to become a fan for a reason at a time. For whatever reason, they choose the Red Sox. There are a lot of fans in the midwest that root for the Yankees, mainly because when they get into the game, that's the team making the headlines.

P.S. The most poignant baseball moment for me after 9/11 was when I was watching the Yankees play the Red Sox right after 9/11. I am very patriotic, and some Sox fan held up a sign "Boston loves New York". That tightened up my throat. No matter what our fun rivalries do, or cause, underneath it all, we're all Americans, and we rally to each other in times of need. That, to me, is the essence of being American, and also in being a fan. Knowing when to put aside your rivalries is just as important as having them.

Just my two cents.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Good last few paragraphs of the post Gom, but yankees26 needed to be banned. Honestly, name one thing that he positively contributed to the board?

Why WOULDN'T he be banned, he clearly wanted to start something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;340757;
    Calvn, SOTK. Banning him is wrong and shows you're weak. Seriously. Are you Red Sox fans really that thin-skinned? It would really be pathetic if you did. Seriously.

26, people root for their teams for any reason. I think it's weak when people root for teams bandwagon style, but hey...who am I to judge?

9/11 superceeded the baseball rivalries in my mind. Some of you may know, I am a Yankee fan. However, when Piazza hit that homerun, I had tears in my eyes. New York came back, we couldn't be put down for long, etc. That's what made 2001 harder for me than 2004. We were the underdogs, and that one really hurt. A lot of Sox fans don't realize that 2004, the big choke, etc., really didn't bother us as much as they think.

Anyways, 26, people choose their teams for a variety of reasons. I didn't choose the Yankees. I was born into it. My father was a Yankee fan, he immigrated here and chose the Yankees in the early 70's. I grew up into Yankee fandom. Don't rip people for being fans solely on geography. Bandwagon fans will change over, hence the term, and people need to become a fan for a reason at a time. For whatever reason, they choose the Red Sox. There are a lot of fans in the midwest that root for the Yankees, mainly because when they get into the game, that's the team making the headlines.

P.S. The most poignant baseball moment for me after 9/11 was when I was watching the Yankees play the Red Sox right after 9/11. I am very patriotic, and some Sox fan held up a sign "Boston loves New York". That tightened up my throat. No matter what our fun rivalries do, or cause, underneath it all, we're all Americans, and we rally to each other in times of need. That, to me, is the essence of being American, and also in being a fan. Knowing when to put aside your rivalries is just as important as having them.

Just my two cents.

Excellent post Gom.

26 showed a blatant display of ignorance, yes, and was probably a troll based on the first few posts that were made but just because his opinions may have been inflammatory to some doesn't mean that his opinions shouldn't have a place to be heard. (Not to mention, I found it quite entertaining.)

I understand this is a Red Sox board but there seems to be several Yankee fans here that can conduct themselves appropriately, engage in intelligent conversation, and participate in healthy debates. I think those are the people who contribute positively to the board and are welcomed here.

There are moderators here for a reason and in essence, they are the "hosts", if someone wears the "welcome" out before they were welcomed then I guess they have to go. While I may have made a different choice in deciding whether or not to ban 26(purely for my own entertainment...lol) I can't say I blame them for banning him. He had the opportunity to contribute positively but every time he spoke, nothing spewed off of his keyboard but abysmal stupidity.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" ~ Dr Seuss

Super Moderator

Good post, Gom.

I gave him several chances to contribute something to the board, and he failed to do so. Did you read all of his posts, Gom? They're the same damn thing over and over. Nothing but trolling. I kept him around longer than I planned on because I was amused by what he was saying, and that's it.

There's a certain way to conduct yourself when making your opinions known. If he had shared them in a rational way, that would've been fine. Again, he failed to do so.

lol, when I first started reading your post, I thought you were being sarcastic and mocking JHB. Guess not. :lol: Don't take offense to that though.

I have the curse of seeing them living, everywhere, around me.

Trust me, it's not pleasant.

Banned

Thank you all for the kind words about my post. See, I can be nice sometimes.

Seriously, thank you all for the kind words.

In all honesty, I haven't read his posts. It is not my board, I'm just a guest here, but I am against banning someone just for a differing opinion [easy fellas, I'm not saying that is what yankees26 has done]. I generally agree with SOTK, so if he says he deserves it, I agree. I generally don't pay attention to the poster, which is why I can kill someone in one thread, and commend him in the other.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;340899;
    Thank you all for the kind words about my post. See, I can be nice sometimes.

Seriously, thank you all for the kind words.

In all honesty, I haven't read his posts. It is not my board, I'm just a guest here, but I am against banning someone just for a differing opinion [easy fellas, I'm not saying that is what yankees26 has done]. I generally agree with SOTK, so if he says he deserves it, I agree. I generally don't pay attention to the poster, which is why I can kill someone in one thread, and commend him in the other.
    Let's put it this way... I believe yankees26 was saying the same thing that you were. You both had the same idea, but chose different ways of expressing it. Instead, he chose to accuse Red Sox fans of being the bad guys in 100% of the altercations, and resorted to the classic "26 to 7" argument out of sheer arrogance. If he had posted the same thing you did, he would still be here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;340906;
    Let's put it this way... I believe yankees26 was saying the same thing that you were. You both had the same idea, but chose different ways of expressing it. Instead, he chose to accuse Red Sox fans of being the bad guys in 100% of the altercations, and resorted to the classic "26 to 7" argument out of sheer arrogance. If he had posted the same thing you did, he would still be here.
    I don't even know what he was saying. Can we get rid of these restrictive rules now that certain people are no longer here. From what I understand, those certain people were the reason for the "play nice" rules we had implemented in the first place.

I'm a Yankee fan. I generally do not "play nice".